Friday, July 24, 2009

Happy 24th of July!



Today is the 24th of July. It is special because I don't have to work. Claudia is working because she has an audit next week and has much to do......ask her the story why!

I have been the busy guy today. Today I cut down two pine trees that have blessed my yard for 28 years. They were just babies when they moved in. But they passed this spring and it was time for the chain saw and a compost burial.
In the fall I will get a grinder and grind down the roots and plant grass in the spot they used to be in. The biggest problem is that it leave a big open area into our campground spot. We need to decide how to fill up this area to once again have the privacy (which has never been needed) that have had in the past.

I also watered the garden....it is behind some of the neighbors and Dad's but it will come along. Today I saw there were some beans ready. I am not sure how many but it is time to pick and see.
So, happy 24th of July and all that stuff.


dkh

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Ok, you've been on a trip and had the swine flu. There has to be something to blog about! Looking forward to seeing your california pictures!