Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Clint Arrives in San Diego


I was so happy to open my email today and see that I had photos from Clint's mission president.


It has been an emotional week for me. I first was having panic attacks, worried that my son would be the only one to arrive at the mission home without a letter. President Donaldson asked that we have a letter waiting for him when he arrived. We sent some yummy buttermints as well. In my mind, I had sent the package express mail, but instead just sent it priority mail. I checked the tracking online every few hours from Friday through Monday. On Monday, apparently they had not updated it for the day. I thought when I got home from work it would surely have been delivered as it was sorted early Sunday morning, but it was not. I had a mild breakdown, knowing that if it was not delivered on Monday, he would probably not get it. About 7:30 PM the website updated and the package had been delivered earlier in the day.
On Tuesday morning about 7:30 AM, I was at work when I came to the realization that Clint would probably call the house phone, if he had a chance and I would not be there. He would probably not remember my cell phone number, as we are all so use to just pulling up the name and number in our phones. Just as I was having another meltdown, in front of a patient at work, my cell phone rang. All was well.

Through teary eyes, I spend the next 15 minutes talking with him. He already seems more grown up. He reported how his district was the best. They got along so well right from the beginning and was not about to let anyone go home. Other districts, apparently had trouble with arguing and Elders wanting to go home. I am grateful, that Clint ended up in the district he did. He is glad to be out in the real world. Just waiting for the address now.

No comments: